Thursday, May 18, 2023

Zong - SrProject D11 - Taro & Mochi & Osmanthus

Senior Project D11

Yiling Zong

Location: Houston

Thu May 18th, 2023 11:12 pm

Today's Hour: 10 hrs

Total Hour: 68 hrs

    OMG! I can say that I spent a whole day making this last Basque cheesecake!!!

    The taro alone took me all morning! First, the delivery was sent to a wrong location, I went around the whole neighborhood to find my package. Secondly, after steaming the taro, I found that the grams of taro were not enough, so I resteamed a new pot. By the way, cleaning the blender was also a big problem! I can say that I spent 40 minutes cleaning him! No one knows how hard it is to clean sticky taro under the blade.

    Secondly, I added a little bit of my own idea to the sample recipe I found - adding mochi between the bottom two layers. At first, I didn't believe the online recipe for mochi, since due to my own experience, 90 g instead of 130 g of milk presented a sufficient texture to be ready for the next step. 

    Finally, I just want to say, take your time. Because my cream cheese once again did not completely melt successfully, I hope the texture of the cake is not too bad. The last of the last... There was not enough heavy cream again, and the final decoration part was postponed...

    It's been a long day, but at the same time, I can't wait to try the final product of my Taro & Mochi & Osmanthus Basque Cheesecake!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Zong - SrProject D16 - Preparation for the Final

    Senior Project D16 Yiling Zong Location: Houston Tue May 23rd, 2023 3:06 pm Today's Hour: 3 hrs Total Hour: 81 hrs Tomorrow afternoo...