Thursday, May 11, 2023

Zong - SrProject D4 - Preparation Day

    Senior Project D4

Yiling Zong

Location: Houston

Thu May 11th, 2023 2:27 pm

Today's Hour: 5 hrs

Total Hour: 25 hrs

    Today, to me, is more like a summary day and a preparation day. With more packages I've received, I officially started my journey of baking those Basque cheesecakes. 

    After cooling down for a night, my friends and I tasted the Matcha Basque cheesecake I made last afternoon. 

    The comments are: 

    "To be honest, I like the original flavor more." --- Hieu

    "I think Matcha flavor is better." --- Ingrid

    "I will come back and try it tonight because I don't want to get a stomach ache in my work place." --- lactose-intolerance Emma

    I have to admit that the first bite of the Matcha flavor is a little bit weird because you feel like you are eating a cheesecake and then Matcha just came, being like "Surprise! It's actually Matcha-flavored!"

   However, I've encountered a difficulty which is that the cream cheese never gets soft enough to be dissolved perfectly in the heavy cream solution. I probably need to get a hand from the hot water next time (Actually did research on this). The other reason that makes me take a break from the cheesecake is that there are toooooo many cheeses. TOO MANY. I actually need to have something cleaner and lighter.

    Therefore, I first get some Os from Oreos, for my Oreo-flavored cheesecake tomorrow. Then, I made some poi from the Taro I steamed yesterday. But I feel like I accidentally put too much milk in it and it is going to fit drinks better instead of cakes. Finally, I tried to make a mini coconut jelly, as a sub for my recipes. 

    In a word, today is more like a transition day, a day for me to do more research on Basque cheesecake and to take a break from the cream cheese.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Zong - SrProject D16 - Preparation for the Final

    Senior Project D16 Yiling Zong Location: Houston Tue May 23rd, 2023 3:06 pm Today's Hour: 3 hrs Total Hour: 81 hrs Tomorrow afternoo...