Friday, May 12, 2023

Zong - SrProject D5 - Oreo Basque Cheesecake

    Senior Project D5

Yiling Zong

Location: Houston

Mon May 12th, 2023 9:43 pm

Today's Hour: 8.5 hrs

Total Hour: 33.5 hrs

    I would call it a success for today's Oreo Cheesecake even though I haven't tried it yet. It was mainly because I used hot water to melt the cream cheese, which helped a lot and I didn't see any unmelted particles in the solution.

    Since there is a mousse layer on the top of the cheesecake this time, I set the clock to 30 minutes instead of 23 minutes, and the temperature to 430 degrees instead of 480 degrees, which doesn't let the cake to be burnt that much. 

    Right now, the cake is still cooling down in the fridge with the new-added mousse layer. Hope to try it tomorrow morning!

    I guess the best takeaway for today is that I learned to "reflect" and summarize what caused my mistake. Encountering problems is never a bad thing.

    Moreover, I finally got my tripod today T_T. I started editing my final production a little bit today, but I spent about two hours researching others' food vlogs to see how should I film and edit mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Zong - SrProject D16 - Preparation for the Final

    Senior Project D16 Yiling Zong Location: Houston Tue May 23rd, 2023 3:06 pm Today's Hour: 3 hrs Total Hour: 81 hrs Tomorrow afternoo...