Monday, May 15, 2023

Zong- SrProject D8 - Sesame & Soy bean

   Senior Project D8

Yiling Zong

Location: Houston

Mon May 15th, 2023 6:50 pm

Today's Hour: 9.5 hrs

Total Hour: 43 hrs

     Today's workload is comparatively the most extensive since the project began, as today is finally the first day of the recipe that I developed. I've been sitting in front of the computer since 8 am refining my recipe, not only searching for recipes from youtube, but also learning from my previous products. For example, my black sesame powder already contains sugar, so I removed a little bit from the amount of sugar I originally needed. 

    Two and a half hours later I finally started making it officially. When I started to make it, I used hot water to melt it in water as usual. However, the bowl I chose was not deep enough, so I accidentally spilled the water into the bowl, which causes the first batch of cream cheese to fail. As I said before, the fun of baking is to learn from each experience to improve yourself.

    Secondly, the oven was not timed today for some reason, so I could only tell by the approximate time and the color of the cake whether it was done or not. Since I haven't started tasting it yet, I don't know if it's successful or not. But the good news is that my vlogs today are clearer and neater than usual, and I feel like a real food vlogger!

    It wasn't until 3 pm that I managed to get the foundation of the cake out of the oven (because it did take a long time to adjust the angle of the video). While waiting for the cake to cool, I also worked on the rest of the soy milk mousse layer. But unfortunately, probably the top decorated mochi won't be made until tomorrow morning --- after both layers have cooled. Hopefully, we'll see a satisfying finished product tomorrow morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Zong - SrProject D16 - Preparation for the Final

    Senior Project D16 Yiling Zong Location: Houston Tue May 23rd, 2023 3:06 pm Today's Hour: 3 hrs Total Hour: 81 hrs Tomorrow afternoo...